Sunday 7 March 2010

Why does everything have to be about money??

Why does everything have to revolve around money?? Why can't it just be about having fun..living life?? ..oh because you need money to do that. Doesn't that just suck. The power that money has. Try and take money out the equation of life (or should I write living??) and well it's pretty impossible..right? If someone wants to tell me otherwise I'd be happy to hear..but I'm talking about living a certain quality of life (in the modern day). Just a normal one though..not one where you can have whatever you want..that's all just extras.
But back to the point..whatever that may be..as I think I'm just rambling.. If money didn't 'rule' the world.. I guess we would still all be living like cave men..or maybe we would have wooden houses..or maybe we would have houses..but where would we get the materials to make it? The materials you can't just get from the natural world around you..?..and even then who said you could take it..? And then the electricity and gas..etc..? Ppl need to work to produce things..but ppl need an incentive to do that as it's not just for themselves..and well money is the only solution. You do something for me..and I'll do something for you just wouldn't cut it as there's too many ppl to cater for..it just wouldn't work. If ppl didn't get up and go to work..well the world as we know it now just wouldn't exist. Therefore we need to buy everything we want to give us an incentive to want to work and earn money and for the world as we know it to exist.
I've now just decided there's no point talking about the existence of money and everyone's NEED for it..I guess the real problem is actually greed. Ppl just always seem to want more..more than they actually need..ppl want luxuries. Ppl want the big house..the nice car..the latest gadgets..but it's not a need. I dont need those things..I'm quite happy with what I've got. Yes..what I've got I don't need all of them..but I'm not driven by a want for all these things. I just want to be happy..and 'things' just aren't what do that for me..maybe for a moment but it all wears off. It's hard to explain this without sounding a bit like a hypocrite..but I hope you get what I mean. In the long run..it's about being happy with what you've got and for me..that's the ppl around me. I don't need a big house..a flash car and all those fancy things. Yes it'd be nice..but I can live without it..and knowing that makes me happy. There's more important things in life.

Money makes the world go round.
..but it doesn't create true happiness.
That comes from within.

No comments:

Post a Comment