Thursday 6 January 2011

TWITTER KNITTER

It was an awfully cold but beautiful christmas. But I could not forgot the ppl I saw on the streets of London. I don't know how they did it. Me with my layers and coat looking forwards to getting home and out of the cold, shivering like mad. The homeless stuck on the streets, nowhere to go, hoping not to be moved on and to make it through the night. How they did I am amazed as I could see them using cardboard boxes as covers. It is shocking, sad and crazy that there are still so many homeless ppl in this day and age. I just wanted to highlight a fun project I noticed over the christmas period called TWITTER KNITTER..maybe a bit late to say it now..but better late than never.
Saint and RKCR/Y&R collaborated together to help the homeless in Camden keep just that little bit warmer over christmas. All you had to do was tweet a phrase on twitter with the tag #WarmUpCamden at the end and they would then knit the winning tweets onto scarves which would then be handed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment