Friday 2 April 2010

A Failure to Distinguish

Hurt & Anger. Why do so many ppl think it means the same thing??
Support & Love. The two don't always come hand in hand. 
Friends & REAL friends. The ones who know you pretty much as well as you know yourself and can accept you for who you are and don't try to change you..well unless it is for the best. They'll stand by you through everything.

I'm not sure how to say what I want here. There's so much that I don't even know where to begin. I think that at the end of the day..your real friends know who you are and can accept you for whatever you do and with an understanding behind why you do things. It's so easy for ppl to presume that just because you're upset it means you're angry also..but it's hardly ever the case. Anger if it does..will come from how you are responded to. (This probably won't make sense as I have various senarios in my head and am mixing the stories together..but let's carry on and see how this turns out.) Ppl can be very defensive about themselves..which means they can get so caught up in it that they then miss what the real situation is. The real thing they need to realise is..why would this person be 'attacking' me and the answer is..they wouldn't. Therefore what is the real situation? This person is upset..confused. They need reassurance..they need to understand..some advice..or they just need some comfort. It's not about you..it's about them. If that isn't realised..then that is how the argument starts. The person comes to you upset/hurt..you think they're upset with you..you think it's your fault..you think they're blaming/accusing you..you get angry..you get defensive..you retaliate it back on them..they get more upset..and then they themselves could end up becoming defensive..they're not being understood..they're now being accused of things..and it becomes a whole big massive cycle..everything gets blown out of proportion. Then what was the argument about? That's no longer the issue.. It is so easy for that to happen and it is so common. I'm just glad I know this and having known this I think it does make a big difference. Though in general I don't think I'm a very defensive person. If someone doesn't like me well then it's not my problem..I'm not gona try and make someone like me. You have to take me as I am. I guess I find this easy to say as I'm luckily in the position that I do have a lot of friends..and most of them understand me. I love my friends. They can rely on me and I can rely on them. There's a level of trust where it's only ever good intentions so guards can be let down. 
Be true to yourself..don't worry what ppl think..not if you're a genuine person.       

No comments:

Post a Comment