Wednesday 14 April 2010

Along came Barry

So today has been a much happier work day..the first one in what feels like ages..though started off slightly badly.. It had been building up from yesterday..the realisation about the way certain ppl work and their attitudes not being what you first thought they were..came to a bit of a crunch when I finally just couldn't hold it in anymore and just told them to stop creating extra work for themselves if they are already saying they have so much to do..and are then wasting time doing things that are un-necessary!! After that I went and found Arli and had a little rant about it and felt alot better :) 
Anyway..enough of that and back to my day at work..
So it up picked up after I finished lunch..where I then went and did miki's staff purchase for her and decided I would avoid going back to the office to do my work and stayed to help out on tills for a bit :) Oh how I miss being on the floor with everyone around and being on tills. If I could spend all day on tills I think I probably would. After about twenty minutes I forced myself off the floor as I did have a lot to do and felt alot happier..odd I know..but I enjoy it! Well as long as the customers are friendly :) The rest of the day seemed to go quite fast from that point onwards..and freaky thing happened where I was literally just thinking ahh I'm gona need to get a signature from the bean when he's next in on the weekend and literally less than a second later (no lies!) he walked in. Genius. He helped make the last hour go quickly too and then FINALLY! (although it was just two minutes before I finished work..) Barry! turned up..who I had been calling and waiting to turn up for weeks (a month to be precise) and so I took him to see the dead pigeon that's been in the electric cupboard for a month now..along with the dead mouse (which he confirmed is actually a baby rat) that has been there for well over a year. Surprisingly the pigeon..according to Barry..still looked quite fresh..which leads onto my theory about the electric cupboard having some sort of deadly gas or time stopping vacuum in there..always hate going in there..I try and avoid it as much as I can and not that long ago actually got myself trapped in it after something heavy fell across the door outside and I couldn't actually get out until some one eventually heard me banging on the door and shouting for help. Did not help that the noisy as ever heater was on therefore drowning out the sounds of my voice. I could've been trapped in there for ever! (yes slight over exageration on length of stay going on there..but I thought I should create a bit of drama about that..was bloody scary tho..was just about ready to start really panicking and getting hysterical). Anyway..back to Barry..he said he'll send some guys round to clear up and sterilise he electric cupboard as there is shit (excuse my choice of word) EVERYwhere..you'd think the room had been painted green..and they'll be coming tomorrow. Yay! I also may have mentioned to him about the cockroach I came across last Thursday in the ladies loo.. NOT a middle aged (as in not baby..not full grown adult sized one) that I thought it was..me being used to the masssive ones you get in Malaysia..so it was in fact a full grown adult one where the females can lay 32 eggs at a time.. Apparently there is quite the cockroach problem in the area due to some bad drains which they come up from..but Barry assured me the restaurants were clear and safe to eat at.
Okay..I really must go as I've spent my whole tube journey writing this and walked all the way home without looking and am about to be stood outside my door..
Hope I didn't stand in any dog crap.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment