Wednesday 7 September 2011

Wow! Gorillas

This summer Bristol Zoo Gardens celebrated its 175th anniversary with an army of life-sized gorilla sculptures designed and decorated by local artists. They formed a trail around Bristol's most famous landmarks, which is an added bonus for those who haven't explored Bristol before. Sadly for me, I only had one hour and one evening to find as many as I could. It was tough going round knowing there were so many nearby and that we wouldn't be able to get them all, but we got as many as was possible and atleast I actually got to see some. (Considering I didn't even know this event was happening..!) 
After their stint in the wild, these gorillas will then be put into a charity auction, raising money for Bristol Zoo conservation projects and Wallace and Gromit's Grand Appeal, which raises funds for the Bristol Royal Hospital for Children. The auction goes ahead on Thursday 29th September at 7pm.
Below are the photos of the gorillas I did manage to find :)



No comments:

Post a Comment