Monday 19 September 2011

So Near Yet So Far

First day back to work after a whole week off and it was hectic. So what better excuse than to head off to Tower Bridge to visit the Gorillas just to get away from it all. Only problem was, I had one hour to get there AND back. It was a bit of a long shot but I thought I'd try. The result.. I got all the way to Tower Bridge to realise I wasn't going to make it. Almost half an hour had gone and I was on the wrong side of the river. I could just make out the gorillas on the other side but there wasn't enough time and I had to head back to work. There was no other choice. Tower Bridge was just too wide and it would take too long to cross it. I should've crossed at London Bridge. I knew it. Though even if I had, there wouldn't have been enough time. It just meant I had to make another trip over there after work, which I did :) 20 gorillas all lined up waiting for their pictures to be taken. It was worth it.
(The photos will be coming soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment