Thursday 1 July 2010

25

Isn't it funny. At 25 I was supposed to be married and with kids on the way. Well that was what we all said to each other when we were kids at primary school. Funny how far off being 25 used to feel, but now we're actually there and being at primary school doesn't seem that long ago. It's all gone so quickly. We always used to feel so grown up back then. Now we see little kids and even the teenagers and still think they're really young with so much to learn about life and growing up. I guess wanting to be married with kids at this age was so unrealistic back then. Or maybe it was realistic..just now it seems unrealistic. Times have changed a lot. Careers being put first..and well it being harder to get on the property ladder. Plus the whole belief in marriage having deteriorated as the decades go by. (I hope that's not un unfair thing to say). I think I'm saying that because you see it in the papers all the time..marriages..then infidelities..then ppl marrying again for the second or third time. It seems like marriage just doesn't have the same meaning/values as it used to these days. In my world now..being a little bit more realistic..ideally two or three more years until kids. Tho that's just being a little more realistic. To be completely realistic.. Who knows when. Maybe even another decade. Who knows if it will even happen. Can't really see it happening in two or three years. Plus I'm still not ready. Times really have changed. Tho saying that.. I know alot of ppl who are getting married and have kids. Tho at the same time I know a lot of other ppl who aren't and don't and ppl who are older too. I guess the main thing I'm thinking about is how old I will be when my children are say 20. I'd want to be at a good age. So if I want to be no older than 50 when they were 20 it would have to be by the time I'm 30 at the latest. So I guess I can still be hopeful..there's still time and no need to worry..well not yet anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment