Wednesday 30 June 2010

Think I'm Just Gona Have To Accept Defeat

So the other day I was looking at my plant as I was really happy to see it was growing to the point where it would flower again.. I was especially excited as I heard its really hard to get Orchids to flower again and well..we'd had this Orchid plant from last year and I was about ready to give up all hope on it.  So I was looking at it..may have been touching it a teeny bit and well..next thing I knew.. it was hanging off and when I went to see properly..it just completely fell off in my hands..!! :(
This was very upsetting and I had no idea what to do. For some reason I thought I could still save it. It was only just freshly off and I thought it could be possible to attach it back on. I mean it had only come off for a few seconds.. So I went and got my first aid kit from my room and thought maybe I could attach it back using some tape.. As you can see below in the photo it looks quite promising :) 
The following day I gave it some sugar water and checked it's progress.. It all still looked pretty hopeful...but now..a few days later..and well..the flower bit was pretty droopy and I decided I should just take it off and see if the end of the living bit could somehow start growing by itself again. Fingers crossed! Starting to get attached to this plant after all the drama and first aid care I've tried giving it but I guess we shall just have to wait and see what happens..
Please don't die on me Orchid plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment